With this adapter, you can connect Windows and Mac based Thunderbolt™ 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt capable Mac computers.
Because this adapter is backward compatible, you can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10Gbps speed. With Thunderbolt 2 devices, you can connect at 20Gbps. The adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices.
- Connect Windows and Mac based Thunderbolt 3 computers to older Thunderbolt devices, such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt displays, and older Thunderbolt capable Mac computers
Features & Specifications
- Cost-effective solution for connecting older Thunderbolt peripherals to newer Thunderbolt 3 laptops or computers
- Compatible with first-generation Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 devices
- Thunderbolt Certified
- Supplies power for bus-powered devices
- Cable Jacket Type: PVC – Polyvinyl Chloride
- Color: Black
- Connector Plating: Nickel
- Connectors: Thunderbolt 3/USB-C Male to Thunderbolt 1/2 Female
- Manufacturer: StarTech
- Manufacturer Part #: TBT3TBTADAP
- OS Compatibility: Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (64-bit only), macOS Sierra (10.12)
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Weight: 3.0 oz
Note: This adapter is compatible with Thunderbolt™ displays only. It will not work with Mini DisplayPort (mDP) or DisplayPort (DP) monitors. Any host system that doesn’t provide the full 15W of bus power won’t work with this device. Consult the manufacturer of your host system to determine how much bus power your host system provides.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - Backward Compatible - USB C to Mini DisplayPort - USB-C to Thunderbolt 2$67.05